So after all of my posts about fall, I decided that it was time to come up with some kind of a bucket list. I always want to do a lot, and never get everything done. I figured, if I come up with a list, maybe I’ll be more likely to accomplish more, since it’s all written out.
As we all know, fall is my favorite season. There’s just so much to do and I just want to do it all.
- Go apple picking. I don’t know if there’s an orchard around here, but I would really love to go apple picking.
- Carve a pumpkin. The kiddos have been asking to do this recently, but I’ve been waiting to do this closer to Halloween. It’s still pretty warm here, so I don’t want the pumpkins to go bad.
- Attend a fall festival. The Bay Area is known for having festivals all the time. There’s got to be one that I can still catch.
- Go to a pumpkin patch. This must happen. I try to take the kids every year so I can get pictures with pumpkins.
- Corn maze. I’ve been trying to make this a tradition in our family. We’ve skipped a few years, but everyone seems to get a kick out of it. One year, it was dark, wet and a whole lot of fun. One year, it was the hottest day of the year, and we couldn’t get out of there fast enough.
- Take photos in changing leaves. I don’t know how likely this is to happen. In this area, depending on where you go, you might be able to find leaves with different colors. My front yard has palm trees, so it won’t be here.
- Pull out the slow cooker. I actually use the slow cooker a lot. But I feel like it’s such a fall thing to do, to have chili or some kind of a soup in there.
- Make soup or chowder. I can’t wait for this. I have to wait for the temperature to go down a little bit. I don’t want soup on a 90 degree weather day.
- Turn 30. Ouch. When did this decide to happen? I’m not sure. But, hey, you only turn 30 once. I think I’ll make sure I enjoy this birthday.
- Sunday = Football. This is pretty much happening already anyway.
- Play in a football game. This is our thing on Black Friday. Before and after we do some major shopping, but before we eat our big meal.
- Pick corn. Love picking corn at the farm. Then we get to keep some of the corn and make popcorn with it later.
- Make a corn husk doll. I love doing this with my daughter. We have a few, saved.
- Get a pumpkin spiced latte something. I actually really don’t like pumpkin spiced anything. But I always get at least one to commemorate fall.
- Roast pumpkin seeds. Happens after we carve. We take the pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkin.
- Make pumpkin fritters. Also happens after we carve. What else would you do with the guts of the pumpkin?
- Go trick or treating. Yes! I love this. Actually, it seems that it almost always rains here on this day. So we’ll see how it goes. I’m still trying to figure out what the kids’ costumes are going to be.
- Enjoy some apple cider. Just bought a gallon of it today! So I’m totally there.
- Buy my cat a costume. He’s one of the kids. He loves it. Even if he acts like he doesn’t.
- Watch Hocus Pocus. Um. Duh.
- Watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. This has been one of my favorites since I was a kid. I make the kids watch it. They’re not into it. But it happens.
- Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It’s Charlie Brown!
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Makes me miss living on the east coast. That’s for sure.
- Go Black Friday shopping. Normally I’m like, nope, totally not going to happen. But my sister talks me into it every year. EVERY YEAR. I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving though.
What’s on your fall bucket list?